Get a gym membership in La Vista. Eat healthy and stick to a nutrition plan. Experience a different workout class. Reach your optimal weight.
We’ve all gone through it. It’s a new beginning, and we choose personal resolutions. Then we quit by February. Why does this happen?
1. Create Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a firm promise to do or not do an action. Because of this, they’re rigid and can be intimidating.
Goals are the intention of your effort, an ambition or a wanted effect. They seem less formidable—and more practical.
Imagine you approach this year with the mind-set of making attainable goals, as opposed to choosing unattainable resolutions? Rethinking your thinking process and being nicer to yourself is the first step toward growth.
2. Make SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals this year may involve:
- Professional—obtaining a promotion in your career.
- Health—having a strength training workout.
- Personal—reading extra books.
Now that you’ve established your goals, how do you remain committed to accomplishing them?
SMART goals encourage you to achieve objectives and recognize victories along the way.
How Do You Choose a SMART Goal?
SMART signifies specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. These goals are definite but not overpowering.
Personal SMART goals could involve:
- Read for 20 minutes before you go to bed each night this week.
- Have vegetables at all meals this week.
- Take a walk after your evening meal daily this week.
Having SMART goals will help you avoid feeling overwhelmed by what you want to do.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Loved One
Don’t forget to share your goals with someone! Using an accountability partner can help you in remaining on track during the process.
4. Claim Your Free Week at FXB La Vista
Set to finally reach your fitness goals today?
Determining (and meeting) goals is merely one component of the healthy lifestyle we demonstrate at Farrell's La Vista. Claim your free week and learn how we can help you achieve your goals.